Principles of Breast Augmentation
This is a plastic and aesthetic surgery aimed at increasing the volume of the breasts.
It is, in fact, to correct a lack of development of the mammary gland , or compensate for a decrease in the volume and firmness of the breasts , secondary to a pregnancy or significant weight loss.
This is possible by setting up breast implants or prostheses , chosen for each patient in a personalized way.
Breast augmentation by prostheses can suffice to correct a breast falling when the ptose is minimal). If this is too important, mammary augmentation with breast prostheses is combined with a breast lift , but with larger scars.
There are three ways to breast augmentation . The sub-mammary (in the groove under the breast), the lower areolar (under the areola of the breast), the axillary way.
The choice is obtained, by mutual agreement between the patient and the surgeon and depends mainly on the anatomy of the patient.
There are 3 types of boxes or implant:
– Prepectoral (in front of the pectoralis major muscle).
– Retropectoral (behind the muscle).
– Biplane (partially pre and retropectoral)
Modalities of the intervention and postoperative
- Duration of the intervention: 1h
- Type of Anesthesia: General
- Type of hospitalization: 1 night postoperative
- Pain: Low to Moderate
- Dressing: Every 2 days for 15 days
- No thread to remove, only knots to cut
- Wearing a compression bra: 2 months (1st month day and night, 2nd month that day)
- Convalesecnce: 7 to 14 days
- Sports stop: 1 month