Principles of Breast Reduction
Breast reduction is a plastic surgery procedure aimed at correcting breast hypertrophy. It corrects disharmonious breasts by giving them a volume more proportionate with the silhouette. It also makes it possible to correct at the same time a fall of the breast, realizing a lifting mammaire .
Breast hypertrophy almost always involves physical and functional repercussions (neck, shoulders and back pain, discomfort for sports, discomfort). There is also frequently a psychological impact. The intervention will therefore correct all these genes.
Breast hypertrophy is the excessive development of the mammary gland. It is characterized by disharmony of the breast volume with large and dysproportionate breasts. Breast hypertrophy is often associated with breast ptosis with drooping breasts linked to excess weight of the mammary gland. It is often at the origin of an aesthetic discomfort , functional (backache, difficulty to play sports …) and psychological.
The scars of a breast reduction are T-shaped inverted . A scar around the areola, a vertical scar and a horizontal scar hidden under the breast.
Procedures and Operative Suites
- Hospitalization: two nights of hospitalization
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Edema: 1 month
- Bruising: 7 to 15 days
- Little pain, discomfort to elevated arms: 7 to 15 days
- All threads are invisible and resorbable
- Port of the bra: 6 to 8 weeks
- Convalescence: 15 to 21 days
- Stop sport: 4 weeks
- Form visible at 3 months: after surgery, the breasts are deliberately very bulging on the top and a little flat on the underside giving them an unnatural appearance. They find their shape in 2 to 3 months
- Definitive scars at 1 year
- Disturbances in breast tenderness are common and temporary. They improve in 6 months to 1 year